MWV’s East Edisto property consists of approximately 80,000-acres in the Low Country of South Carolina. The land is located in Charleston and Dorchester Counties and had been utilized for timber production for more than a hundred years. It is now being developed and planned for a variety of uses from open forests to high density development. Areas slated for development will follow a form based code that incorporates smart growth principles and is anticipated to take place over the next 50 years.
Bowman Consulting was engaged by MWV in 2012 to participate on the project team as the lead civil engineer, responsible for civil engineering and surveying while coordinating with and managing data from the team of consultants, contractors and MWV to keep projects on track.
Since working on the property for MWV, a variety of services have been provided which are highlighted below.
- Maintained Geographic Information System for the entire property and utilize to assess property for MWV
- Analyzed property for development potential and created costing tools for site, infrastructure and regulatory costs that included landbay allocation and cash flow models. Costing models were developed for two separate regions of development within East Edisto (3,500-acres and 6,500-acres)
- Develop graphics for internal MWV use, external property promotion and jurisdictional needs
- Part of team developing the form based code for Charleston County Developments of County Significance (DCS)
- Led survey team to subdivide Summers Corner, the initial 6,500-acre tract of land, and easement preparation for 28 miles of canals and roads. Field work and plats were completed in three (3) weeks.
- Prepared and obtained approval of the first ever Community Plan in Dorchester County in accordance with adopted form based code zoning on the property.
- Developed construction plans, plats, field services and builder contract exhibits for initial phases of the Summers Corner development that includes approximately 400 lots